1/03/2011

Checking In

After doing a couple of things I'm not terribly proud of, I decided to hit the road for some personal time. I didn't anticipate one of the most ridiculous downpours in recent years, and my car handles terribly in the rain. At some point I even got off of the main highway somehow, (probably because my eyesight isn't the *best* in storms either), and I ended up at a very out-of-the-way and isolated motel. (That's how far from civilization it is; it's actually a "motel!") It's kind of a s***hole, to tell you the truth. But the guy who runs it is kinda cute, on the younger side, and VERY polite. It's weird...I get the feeling like he dropped right out of 1960 or something, like the place fell through a time warp into present day. Oh, well! Despite the old fashioned charm of this room, (or "cabin," as he calls it), there is actually a moderately sized color television set and a basic dvd player. Nothing fancy, but the guy said he had to "buckle down and join the trends." He offered me a sandwich, but I was pretty tired so I politely declined and instead moved in to wait out the storm. Doesn't look like it's going to let up any time soon. Is it weird for a man in his late twenties to still be sharing a house with his mother? I suppose not. Moving on to these dvds. They're all horror movies, which is pretty sweet. I'll post reviews so that we can discuss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment